Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Expectant Father Speaks

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted something worthwhile so I figured I'd make use of the rampant downtime I have on the evening shift here and write a quick update.

We're currently in our 30th week and going strong. I've made a nightly habit of talking to Owen, having little mini one-sided conversations. You quickly find out how women feel when talking to guys that are watching sports/reading/playing on the computer feel. It's not easy to think up things to say with no feedback, so props to you female readers out there. He seems to kick more often though when I mention certain subjects, his favorite thus far has been me picking on his mothers voice and how funny she must sound from his side. I come out on top in that category in the game of "Daddy vs Owen: Who has it better?" Although, he comes out on top with constant temperature regulation and free food... throw in a TV and a computer and it'd be the envy of every guy out there.

I took a picture of Sara this morning, showing off her 30th week belly, we'll post that soon.

In other news, I got the opportunity to switch to a different shift at work. I currently work the 4-12 shift and as of April 1st I'll be on days. This will work out well for when the baby comes, as we'll have very little overlap for childcare. Now all we have to do is convince one of the sets of parentals (both would be nice) to move to Rochester and our baby-watching worries will be over. I'm taking suggestions as to how we should go about convincing them to move... I may be willing to pay for a foolproof plan even.

Ok, back to work now.

**EDIT 3/30/06**

Here's the newest picture I promised.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home